HEALTH AND SAFETY
The new EcoCare liner by SIGG is a high-quality internal coating that insures a fresh, clean taste with no metallic aftertaste. This chemically inert liner is made of a unique formulation of non-toxic ingredients. The new liner is an ultra-thin coating that is applied uniformly to the inside of all SIGG aluminum bottles. Once applied, the liner is then cured at temperatures between 190 Celsius and 200 Celsius.
The new EcoCare liner by SIGG is comprised of many ingredients. The primary compounds utilized are a special combination of ultra-thin layer forming co-polyesters, many of which are commonly found in different variations across a variety of well-known food and beverage brand products. The materials used in producing the liner are BPA-Free and Phthalate-Free, as well as being free of any VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
Additional ingredients used during the manufacturing process guarantee that the new EcoCare Liner by SIGG is durable, highly effective, and applied more efficiently. This improved efficiency helps to improve capacity and thus allows SIGG to better satisfy the growing global demand for SIGG products.
The new EcoCare liner by SIGG also contains various flow enhancing additives. These waxy solids found in naturally occurring fatty acids, guarantee that the liner can be applied uniformly, thus greatly increasing the products durability.
All ingredients used in the formulation and manufacturing of the new EcoCare liner by SIGG comply with the required EU and FDA guidelines, including EG 1935/2004 and FDA 21 CFR 175.300. To see testing certificates showing compliance, please click here .
IMPORTANT USER INFORMATION
- Before using for the first time, wash the bottle, seal and drinking cap.
- Use only with ready-to-drink beverages.
- Suitable for fruit juices and isotonic drinks.
- When using with carbonated drinks, avoid unnecessary shaking and take care when opening.
- Caution: alcoholic, fermented or nutrient-rich beverages may cause excessive pressure to build up inside the bottle.
- SIGG bottles are not suitable for the long-term storage of drinks. We recommend you enjoy your beverage while it is still fresh. This will also help reduce tea stains and make it easier for you to keep your SIGG bottle clean.
- Fill bottle to no more than 3 cm/1¼ in. below the rim.
- Do not use for non-drinkable substances, e.g. liquid fuels or other flammable, corrosive or chemical substances.
- Not suitable for the microwave (risk of explosion), for cooking or for deep freezing.
- Bottle can be placed in the refrigerator.
- Take care when using with hot drinks (risk of burning).
- Aluminium is 100% recyclable.
- There are a lot of bottles in the marketplace. Not all of them are manufactured by SIGG, nor do they necessarily meet SIGG's high design standards.
- Child safety is very important to us. Children should only be allowed to drink from bottles with a drinking cap. Always check that the
drinking cap is firmly in place.
- We offer special caps for bottles intended for children, and we urge parents to teach their children how to use water bottles properly.
- Learn more about the safety of SIGG water bottles.
- Remove cap and wash both cap and bottle well after each use. The bottle and drinking cap should be thoroughly cleaned by hand in hot water, using a SIGG cleaning product or regular dishwashing liquid. Allow to dry completely before reassembling. Remove drinking cap regularly when not in use.
- Do not clean with steel wool, a stiff brush or an abrasive as these may damage the bottle's interior coating.
- For further information, visit www.sigg.com or click here.